Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dali's Moustache

With it being THIS close to the end of the school year, I wanted to give my students a last project that was fun! I had read on a few blogs where they had did a lesson based on Salvador Dali's moustache and I thought that would be perfect. We viewed a PPT I created on Salvador Dali. I explained what Surrealism was and showed the Persistence of Memory by Dali. I was pleasantly surprised at how many actually had seen the painting before. I then told them that we would not be doing a project based on Surrealism, but we would do a project based on Dali's moustache. They got a big kick out of that! I showed them multiple photos of Dali's crazy moustache and we looked at different facial expressions. We then took a Sharpie marker and drew a face and hair, cut it out, and glued it on to a piece of construction paper. I let them pick a pipe cleaner color of choice for their moustache. I used hot glue and glued them on. They styled the moustache how they wanted. Such a fun and laid back for the end of the year!










No comments:

Post a Comment