Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Picasso Faces

One of my favorite portrait lessons to do with my K-2 students is a Picasso Portrait lesson. They think it's fun to make silly faces! I love the reaction I get when I show my PPT of different Picasso portraits. It's mostly, "Ewww!," "Ahhhh!," "That's weird!," etc. It's always a fun lesson! We discuss how Picasso usually combined two different views of a person and that's why the faces look like they do. I do a step-by-step guide with them while drawing the face and the features. We discuss different way to draw eyes, noses, mouths, eyebrows, hair, etc. We outlined our pencils lines with a black crayon and then I let them color it as wild as they wanted! We then practiced our cutting and gluing skills, focusing really hard on cutting around the head perfectly and then gluing the edges very well. Here are a few examples of one of my kindergarten classes work...









No comments:

Post a Comment