Monday, March 4, 2013

Rene Magritte

Yay! Another artist study! I love teaching my students about different artists and creating projects based on their work. They had a blast discussing "The Son of Man" by Magritte. I had one girl say that the apple fell off a tree and got stuck on his hat and that's why it was in front of his face. Great logic! I had each student visually divide their paper in 1/3 (hello, math!) and draw a hat at the top, their favorite food in the center, and a shirt on the bottom. They are turning out so well! Here's a few in the process...

 She's very detailed and one of my best students!

Yuck! That water needs to be changed! 

Fab strawberry! 



And a few that have been completely finished...
He really did a great job personalizing his portrait.





4th Grade Bulletin Board

No comments:

Post a Comment