Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kandinsky's Circles

While 4th grade was completing their Native American weavings, I wanted to start a painting project with my other grades. The kids never got to paint with the previous art teacher... I was prepared for an undertaking! Ha! I have Wassily Kandinsky's painting above my smart board so I wanted the kids to complete something similar. They still aren't sure what red and yellow make or what blue and green make so I encouraged them to mix colors and see what happens. I also have them white to mix with. We talked about what white would do when mixed in with a color and I demonstrated color mixing with the paint. I gave each student a 6x9 sheet of heavyweight painting paper. Being my first year teaching, I haven't decided exactly the best process for painting. I put trays with color on the table and had the kids share. They had a paper plate to mix colors on, a water bowl, and a sponge to blot their brush on after washing it. There was a process they followed each time and for the most part, they did good! Check out the photos below!











No comments:

Post a Comment