Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The first few weeks...

We have been extremely busy these first few weeks of school! We started off studying the color wheel. Each 3rd and 4th grade class collaged six hands (one for each color of the color wheel) as a group project. I then used the entire project as my "Welcome back!" bulletin board. It ended up looking super cool!




Kindergarten - 2nd grades did a line study wax relief. They used crayons to draw and many different types of lines they could think of on their paper. Then, they used watercolor pencils (seriously the BEST thing I've used in my classes so far) to color in the shapes that the lines make. Water was later applied to the watercolor pencil using a watercolor brush. The results were just beautiful!












My watercolor station set up at the back of the room!



3rd and 4th grade are in the process of finishing an Andy Warhol inspired piece, and they (+2nd grade) are beginning a project inspired by Henri Matisse.  Kindergarten and 1st grades are beginning a study of geometric and organic shapes. All my grades are working on a self portrait that will be on the front of their portfolio's I'm making for them. They are too cute. Will post pics of each soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment